ARKEN has invited the composer Fuzzy to create a musical work for the exhibition CARL-HENNING PEDERSEN 100 YEARS.
Inspired by the artist’s paintings and poems, Fuzzy has created a unique electroacoustic work.
Listen to some of the music here:
The work is called Voliere – the title refers to one of Carl-Henning Pedersen’s favourite motifs, the bird.
The music has been created specifically for the largest room in exhibition, and brings a new dimension to the artist’s paintings.
The work can be heard in the room throughout the exhibition period and then continues with the exhibition to the Carl-Henning Pedersen & Else Alfelt Museum in Herning.
Born in 1939
– Trained at the Royal Danish Academy of Music in Århus as a student of the composer Per Nørgaard
– Lecturer in music history and music theory at the Royal Danish Academy of Music in Århus until 1978
– Composer of orchestral, choral and chamber music works
– Was behind the TV programme “Fuzzy’s Workshop”
– A pioneer of electroacoustic music in Denmark
– Has earlier worked in cross-disciplinary aesthetic contexts with among other genres ballet, theatre and film
Fuzzy´s musical work is supported by:
and Oticon Fonden